Top News Story –
YouTube ‘King of Random’ dies in paragliding accident
YouTuber Grant Thompson, star of the “King of Random” channel, has died in a paragliding accident.
The 38 year old, whose channel had 11 million subscribers with billions of views, failed to return from a trip in Utah on Monday.
Thompson had a GPS device which helped locate his body the next day.
His YouTube channel was known for its creative – and sometimes dangerous – experiments such as “What does Liquid Nitrogen do to Your Face?”
Thompson’s death was officially announced on his Instagram page, with calls for his fans to “do a random act of love or kindness today in honour of The King of Random”.
In an interview with MediaKix in 2017, Thompson explained how he was bullied at school but eventually became a pilot. After flying planes for more than a decade, he went into real estate, became “semi-retired” and started his YouTube channel.
“I started making videos on YouTube showing people what I was tinkering with and what I was coming up with,” he said at the time.
Twitter trends [from Trendinalia] – today from USA
Other News Stories –
Armed conflict and attacks
- War in Afghanistan
- War on Terror
Business and economy
- Argentina-United States relations, Brazil-United States relations, Paraguay-United States relations, United States-Uruguay relations
- Brazil announces that Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay and Uruguay are negotiating a free trade deal with the United States of America. (Clarín))
Disasters and accidents
- 2019 wildfire season
- Russian President Vladimir Putin orders the Russian Ground Forces to join firefighting efforts to help tackle raging wildfires in Siberia. A state of emergency has been declared in Irkutsk Oblast, Krasnoyarsk Krai, Buryatia and Sakha Republic where millions of hectares are currently burning out of control. (BBC)
- A United States Navy F/A-18E/F Super Hornet crashes in Death Valley National Park, California, leaving seven visitors on the ground with minor injuries. A search and rescue operation is underway for the pilot. (The Los Angeles Times)
- Iran–United States relations, United States sanctions against Iran
Law and crime
- 2019 Hong Kong protests
News from Wikipedia – please support this valuable resource