Top News Stories –
Leonard Nimroy dies aged 83 –
US actor Leonard Nimoy, who played the half-human, half-Vulcan character Mr Spock in the cult sci-fi series Star Trek, dies at the age of 83 in Los Angeles. He had been taken to hospital on 19 February after suffering from chest pains and later tweeted: “A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.” He signed off with “LLAP” – a reference to his character’s famous catchphrase, “Live long and prosper”. It was to be his final tweet. [BBC]
Internet brought to it’s knees by a dress and it’s not worn by Kim Kardashian-
Social media has been sent into spasms over the colour of a dress – is it black and blue or white and gold? Scottish singer Caitlin McNeill posed the question on Tumblr. What followed was an internet storm. Thousands took to Twitter to fight aggressively in either camp and even some celebrities stepped in on the debate. See Video of the Day.
Video of the Day –
List of the day –
Dr Spock’s best quotes
Computers make excellent and efficient servants, but I have no wish to serve under them.
–SPOCK, Star Trek: The Original Series, “The Ultimate Computer”
Without followers, evil cannot spread.
–SPOCK, Star Trek: The Original Series, “And The Children Shall Lead”
Change is the essential process of all existence.
–SPOCK, Star Trek: The Original Series, “Let That Be Your Last Battlefield”
Insufficient facts always invite danger.
–SPOCK, Star Trek: The Original Series, “Space Seed”
I have never understood the female capacity to avoid a direct answer to any question.
–SPOCK, Star Trek: The Original Series, “This Side of Paradise”
I realize that command does have its fascination, even under circumstances such as these, but I neither enjoy the idea of command nor am I frightened of it. It simply exists, and I will do whatever logically needs to be done.
–SPOCK, Star Trek: The Original Series, “The Galileo Seven”
Vulcans never bluff.
–SPOCK, Star Trek: The Original Series, “The Doomsday Machine”
It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want.
–SPOCK, Star Trek: The Original Series, “Errand of Mercy”
Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
–SPOCK, Star Trek (2009)
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
SPOCK, Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan
List from Top10-best.com
Top Twitter Trends –
Other News Stories –
- Arts and culture
- American actor Leonard Nimoy, best known for his role as Spock from the Star Trek franchise, dies at the age of 83 from complications of COPD. (MSN.com)
- Law and crime
- Avijit Roy, an American writer and blogger from Bangladesh, is hacked to death by Islamist attackers in Dhaka. (The Telegraph)
- Nine people, including the gunman, are dead after a series of shootings in Tyrone, Missouri. (NBC News)
- An unidentified attacker shoots former Deputy Chairman of the Government of the Russian Federation and current member of regional parliament of Yaroslavl Oblast Russian opposition politician Boris Nemtsov dead in Moscow.(euronews) (BBC)
- An elderly man shoots and kills three people and then himself in the South Korean city of Hwaseong. (Yonhap News)(The Korea Herald) (Los Angeles Times)
News from Wikipedia – please support this valuable resource